A GTK3 & Gnome shell theme for Gnome 3.12
based on my own previous theme
made for Gnome 3.10.
*** Last update : 2014.08.01 ***Important notes:
* This theme is designed mainly
for Gnome 3.12 environment
* Not tested with other GTK2/3 desktop enviroment.
The .zip file include :
* GTK2 theme (a murrine based theme)
* GTK3 theme (mainly based on Greybird/Orion
* Metacity/Mutter theme (mainly based on Orion metacity theme)
* Gnome Shell theme (a modified version of gnome-shell standard theme)
To install the theme, extract the archive into /usr/share/themes then use Gnome-Tweak-Tool to choose the theme.
GTK2 ENGINES REQUIREMENT
* GTK2 engine Murrine 0.98.1.1 or later.
* GTK2 pixbuf engine or the gtk(2)-engines package.GTK3 ENGINES REQUIREMENTS:
* GTK3 engine Adwaita 3.12How to install required gtk2/3 engines:
# pacman -S gtk-engine-murrine gtk-engines gnome-themes-standard
Search for the engines in your distribution's repository or install the engines from source.
I suggest to set the titlebar font size between 9 to 11pt.
for a better result.
To set titlebar buttons order like in preview image:
* lauch dconf-editor
* navigate to "org.gnome.shell.overrides"
* select the "button-layout" key
* change the current value to "close,minimize,maximize:menu"GNOME SHELL:
* gnome shell theme font: Roboto v1.0
* gnome icon theme: Elementary-XFCE-darkest GIT (link
in the zip file for complete list of changes)
* [GTK3] : minor changes and improvements applied to nautilus searchbar and other
* Initial release for gnome 3.12: tweaked all new widget for gtk+3 ver 3.12License
: GPLv2 or later